Full time / Contract
UK Based Remote First / Hybrid
We’re currently looking to bring in a Senior UX Designer to help us shape Thunk’s design practice and continue to create world class digital products and services for our partners.
As a Senior UX Designer you will be the cornerstone of the projects that you work on, from strategy to launch to optimisation. You’re multi-skilled with a deep understanding across various design disciplines like user experience, interaction design and visual design. You will create holistic design solutions, from early-stage prototypes to detailed designs of features and user journeys of a digital product. You will lead conversations with clients guiding them through the design process and to help them make better product decisions. You’ll collaborate with and have opportunities to lead small multidisciplinary project teams and contribute to our business development through proposal-writing and pitches.
On a typical Thunk project you will
- Understand business objectives and constraints, user needs and help define opportunity areas and experience requirements
- Translate business requirements into user stories
- Collaborate with UX researchers to plan, facilitate, and synthesise research and testing with users
- Map existing and to-be experiences through customer journey maps or service blueprints based on research findings
- Define and prioritise opportunity areas and then translate them into concepts
- Create narratives that help tell the story of the work in an impactful way
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour along defined use cases
- Document product/service requirements and guidelines for stages of implementation
- Help prioritise opportunity areas and build feature backlogs to drive product roadmaps in collaboration with product and technology teams
- Help plan and facilitate collaborative workshops with internal and external teams
- Have opportunities to supervise and develop more junior colleagues
What you bring
- 5+ years of professional design experience working at an agency, consultancy, or in-house design team (you might have had a title like “UX Designer”, “Interaction Designer” “Product Designer” or something similar)
- Experience designing for a variety of industries including retail, travel, healthcare, tech, financial etc
- Have highly developed design skills and a PDF, online portfolio or similar that highlights your impact as a designer
- Track record in leading multidisciplinary teams to ensure Thunk’s design process results in great products for our partners
- Have a desire to create products and services across multiple channels, including web, mobile and native applications, that meet users functional and emotional needs
- Have natural storytelling abilities. You’re confident in presenting and communicating design decisions to clients, managers, directors and above to drive consensus and alignment
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
- Understanding of how to identify the needs of users through research and apply the insights to the design strategy and business needs
- Knowledge of service design, design systems, and agile methodologies
- Can talk business. You understand metrics, KPIs, business outcomes and company strategy.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- Can go past the obvious, and push the boundaries of design
- No ego. You’re happy, fun, bright and you bring something of your personality to the Thunk table.
It would be cool if you have
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction(HCI), Human Factors, Interaction Design, Visual Communications, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
- Familiarity with the theory and practice of Jobs to be Done
Some extra info
We are open to full time permanent and contract roles.
We’re flexible and remote-first, we generally meet up one day a month in person. Our leadership team has families and we know that productivity occurs at different times of the day for most of us. However, our projects determine how and when we work – usually normal 9-5. In-person meetings and on-site workshops are back on the agenda where people feel comfortable.
Our interview process starts with an informal chat to find out about you, followed by one formal interview with a task thrown in to make sure you’re suited to Thunk. Don’t worry, it’s not free work!
Thunk is a big believer in creating a safe, diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.