Full time / Contract
UK Based Remote First / Hybrid
A bit about Thunk
We are Thunk, a UK-based UX & digital product design company that supports businesses and teams in the design of world-class products and services. Our mission is to allow organisations to reap the benefits of becoming design-led, by creating and improving digital products and services.
Our customers include renowned brands (Twitter, NHS, Reed), undisclosed names (some big companies you haven’t heard of, yet!) and loads more coming on board in 2023.
We’re on a crazy journey right now. A young company making fast progress with huge ambitions. And we’re growing.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Designer that can lead the UX design process for our clients, from research and ideation to wireframing and prototyping. You will work closely with our design and research teams to create user-centric design solutions that enhance the user experience and drive business results. You will also help our clients mature their own design-led processes in-house, leaving them as confident design-led companies in the long term.
If you’re a passionate, innovative, and forward-thinking UX designer who’s unafraid to look to the future and embrace possibilities without fear, then we want to hear from you. Join us at ‘Thunk’ and help us create world-class digital products and services that transform businesses into design-led organisations.
On a typical project you will:
- Lead the UX design process for our clients, from research and ideation to wireframing and prototyping.
- Work collaboratively with our design and research teams to create design solutions that enhance the user experience and drive business results.
- Help our clients mature their own design-led processes in-house, leaving them as confident design-led companies in the long term.
- Present design solutions to clients and stakeholders, and communicate design decisions effectively.
- Help plan and facilitate collaborative workshops with internal and external teams.
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour along defined use cases.
- Mentor and coach junior designers, and contribute to the growth of our design team.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience in UX design, working at an agency, consultancy, or in-house design team (you might have had a title like “UX Designer”, “Interaction Designer” “Product Designer” or something similar).
- Strong portfolio (PDF, online portfolio or similar) showcasing your design process and results.
- Experience leading UX design projects from start to finish.
- Track record in leading multidisciplinary teams to ensure Thunk’s design process results in great products for our partners.
- Strong knowledge of user research methodologies and how to apply them to design solutions.
- Proficiency in design tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, & Protopie.
- Have a desire to create products and services across multiple channels, including web, mobile and native applications, that meet users functional and emotional needs.
- Understanding of how to identify the needs of users through research and apply the insights to the design strategy and business needs.
- Have natural storytelling abilities. You’re confident in presenting and communicating design decisions to clients, managers, directors and above to drive consensus and alignment.
- Experience mentoring and coaching junior designers is a plus.
- Can go past the obvious, and push the boundaries of design.
- No ego. You’re happy, fun, bright and you bring something of your personality to the Thunk table.
Our team was founded by an ex-Google Product Designer and includes alumni from Samsung, EE, NHS, BBC, Yahoo. Everyone at Thunk brings something special. You could be just what we need.
Naturally curious, straight talking, flexible, brave, and fun loving!
When you become a Thunker, you realise that what we value is more than some fluffy words in a never-to-be-seen deck. Our culture is one where we treat each other and the businesses we work with with massive respect, honesty and decency.
- Everyone has an equal standing.
- Everyone is comfortable voicing their opinion.
- Everyone gives a sh*t.
We’re really proud of the culture we’re building at Thunk. One of self improvement, producing great work, being kind to yourself and other Thunkers, all whilst having fun doing it. We think our perks and benefits reflect what it’s like being one of us.
- Work wherever suits
- Flexible hours
- 25 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays and your birthday off
- Flexible mental wellbeing leave
- Early Friday finish
- Thunk socials/retreats + weekly gaming nights
- £1000 Flexible benefit
- Some little extras throughout the year
For more detailed perks and benefits go here.
Thunk is for Everybody
Diversity and open expression are fundamental to us. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, and strive to develop an inclusive culture where everybody can contribute. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of ethnicity, religion, colour, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, national origin, age, disability status or care-giver status. If for whatever reason you need us to make reasonable adjustments and adaptations to our recruitment process please let your recruiter know.