Full time / Contract
UK Based Remote First / Hybrid
We’re currently looking to bring in Product Designers to help continue to create world class digital products and services for our partners.
As a Product Designer you’re multi-skilled with a deep understanding across various design disciplines like user experience, interaction design and visual design. You will create holistic design solutions, from early-stage prototypes to detailed designs of features and user journeys of a digital product. You will help clients make better product decisions. You’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary project teams and contribute to our business development through proposal-writing and pitches.
On a typical Thunk project you will
- Understand business objectives and constraints, user needs and help define opportunity areas and experience requirements
- Define and prioritise opportunity areas and then translate them into concepts
- Create narratives that help tell the story of the work in an impactful way
- Design wireframes, screens, and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour along defined use cases
- Help prioritise opportunity areas and build feature backlogs to drive product roadmaps in collaboration with leadership, product and engineering
- Work closely with the engineering team to deliver design specifications
- Build design systems and heavily contribute to its evolution as the brand and product grow
- Design user interfaces and prototypes to illustrate product behaviour along defined use cases
- Use your range of design skills to shape the overall product experience for our clients
- Facilitate ideation and design sprint workshops
What you bring
- 2+ years of professional design experience at an agency, consultancy, start-up or in-house UX / UI design team with strong examples of working on SaaS products and services (you might have had a title like “UX/UI Designer”, “Visual Designer” or something similar)
- Have developed design skills and a PDF, online portfolio or similar that highlights your impact as a designer
- Experience in adopting existing design systems and then building on these collaboratively.
- Have a desire to create products and services across multiple channels, including web, mobile and native applications, that meet users functional and emotional needs
- Have natural storytelling abilities. You’re confident in presenting and communicating design decisions to clients, managers, directors and above to drive consensus and alignment.
- Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods e.g Figma
- Can talk business. You understand metrics, KPIs, business outcomes and company strategy.
- Proactive and can identify opportunities for product improvement and you’re not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Comfortable working in a high paced environments where design and product development can be messy and fractured
- Strong writing, editing, and oral communication skills
- A desire to learn and grow your design skills on the job
- Can go past the obvious, and push the boundaries of design
- No ego. You’re happy, fun, bright and you bring something of your personality to the Thunk table
It would be cool if you have
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction(HCI), Human Factors, Interaction Design, Visual Communications, or a related design or behavioural science discipline
Some extra info
We are open to full time permanent and contract roles.
We’re flexible and remote-first, we generally meet up one day a month in person. Our leadership team has families and we know that productivity occurs at different times of the day for most of us. However, our projects determine how and when we work – usually normal 9-5. In-person meetings and on-site workshops are back on the agenda where people feel comfortable.
Our interview process starts with an informal chat to find out about you, followed by one formal interview with a task thrown in to make sure you’re suited to Thunk. Don’t worry, it’s not free work!
Thunk is a big believer in creating a safe, diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We don’t discriminate based on race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.